- I have been coaching all ages and standards since 1997.
- Davis Cup and Fed Cup Captain (2001 - 2006)
- Coached 23 winners of Junior Fitzwilliam (also 19 runners up).
- Coached 20 players to US Collegiate Scholarships.
- I have coached a National Champion every year from 1998-to date.
- Fully licensed Tennis Ireland Coach.
- Certified in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation 2008.
- Certified by Irish Sports Council in Child Protection 2013.
- Garda Vetted 201
- Represented Ireland at 3 Olympic Games-Seoul '88 Barcelona '92 Atlanta '96
- The only Irish Player to have a ranking for 15 years on the ATP Tour (1987-2001)
- ATP Career High: Singles 228, Doubles 210
- Irish number 1 for 13 years (1988-2000)
- Debut against Greece 1988
- Retired from Competition with most wins - 33 (Singles 21,Doubles 12) and most ties played - 26.
- Competed in Wimbledon and French Open Qualifying in 1996
- Winner of all (10) Senior Domestic Tournaments 2000
- First Irish winner of ITF Futures event in Dublin 2000
- ITF world ranking of 54. Competed in Wimbledon and US Open 1987 - reaching the last 16 of Wimbledon.
- Won US Junior Collegiate Athletic Association Championships (NJCAA) 1987 and 1988 with Anderson Junior College
- Won US Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) 1989 with Clemson University
- Received Tennis Ireland Award for Outstanding Contribution to Tennis 1999
- Received Tennis Europe Award for Outstanding Contribution to Tennis 2008
- Received ITF Award for Outstanding Contribution to Davis Cup 2013.
- Presented to only 190 players worldwide.
My philosophy is learner centered in a fun and safe environment. My goal is for every student, adult or junior to reach their potential.
TCI: New Level 3 (2011)
Mobile: 087 290 3161
Hourly Rate: € 84
- Tennis Ireland Level 2 Coach.
- Global Professional Tennis Coach Association ‘C’ Level Coach.
- Garda Vetted and Child Protection certified.
- Fully Licensed Tennis Ireland Coach.
- Coaches players both privately and in groups of all levels from Beginner to Advanced level.
- Years of experience coaching children and adults of all levels.
- Has worked with High-Performance level juniors in squads.
- Playing tennis since the age of 12 and represented Donnybrook at class 1 Level for the last 5 years.
- 3 time Men’s singles champion in Donnybrook in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- 4 time Men’s doubles champion in Donnybrook.
- Multiple times captaining Donnybrook Class 1 teams in Winter, Summer and Floodlit leagues.
- To create a fun, energetic and educational environment where players of all ages and levels can grow, develop and have fun playing- tennis is a game for life.
TCI: Level 2
Mobile: 086 125 36 46
Hourly rate: €45
I have been coaching for 20 years. I have coached 12 national champions, and I have worked with children and adults of all abilities.
Played for Ireland over a ten year period. Played Federation Cup in Japan and Junior Wimbledon.
The 3 components of my lessons are exercise, education and entertainment.
I believe every student has different strengths and skill sets, and everyone learns in a different ways. I develop a course of innovative instruction that inspires my players to develop their tennis and enjoy a game for life.
TCI: Level 3
Mobile: 086 854 2446
Hourly Rate: € 60
- Qualified Level 1 1981. Coached at weekends in Kilkenny LTC.
- Set up first Junior Programme there. Returned to coaching in 2008/09. Re-took the new Level 1 exams.
- She has coached both adults & children of all levels both privately & in groups at Donnybrook, St. Mary's, Mt. Pleasant & WestWood in the past number of years.
- Qualified Cardio Tennis coach & have run Cardio Sessions in Donnybrook & WestWood.
- Tennis Ireland Licensed Coach & hold full insureance, I am Garda Vetted & Child Protection certified.
- Playing since the age of 10.
- Won numerous Junior Open tournaments U12,14,16 & 18, including the South of Ireland Girls singles.
- Played Junior Interpro for Munster.
- 1981 to date; Has represented Donnybrook in all competitions up to Premiership.
- Selected for Leinster Veterans Interpros on two occasions.
- To instill a love of the game - no matter what level you play at.
- To help each individual to be the best player they can be is the basis of my coaching. To help them understand that while winning is important, tennis is for life!
- To make learning enjoyable & fun, especially for younger children, while ensuring each player - no matter what level they are at or aspire to - is challenged & makes progress.
TCI: Level 1
Mobile: 087 983 23 57
Hourly Rate: € 40
Jimmy is a qualified Tennis Ireland Performance Coach. He also holds the Professional Qualification from the British LTA and the United States Professional Tennis Registry. He is a tutor involved in coach education with Tennis Ireland.Jimmy has previously held the positions of Director of Sport at WestWood, Leopardstown and Director of Tennis & Squash at Fitzwilliam LTC. He has represented Ireland at o35 level and the International Club of Ireland at o45 level. He is a founder member and past chairman of the Tennis Ireland Coaches Association.
Jimmy coaches players of all levels and adopts an inclusive and encouraging approach to learning and playing tennis.
TCI: Level 3
Mobile: 087 959 22 73
Hourly Rate: € 60