Junior Member’s Summer Programme of Activities
Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club launches its Summer Programme of Activities for Juniors, commencing 29th June 2020. They are open to members only and places must be booked and prepaid in advance.
The aim is to provide an enriching, inclusive and welcoming environment, full of fun, where children can try a range of sports and activities including, but not limited to, tennis. Most importantly, we want children to enjoy their time in the Club and to get to know other Juniors.
- Morning Tennis (Phase 3 from 29th June): Two Camps each day for 2 hours each for Juniors born 2007-2013. All levels welcome, whether beginners, intermediate or elite/more advanced. For further details and booking, download the Morning Camp details and book via the relevant coach.
- Morning Tennis (Phase 4 from 20th July): Two Camps each day for 2 hours each for Juniors born 2007-2013. All levels welcome, whether beginners, intermediate or elite/more advanced. For further details and booking, download the Morning Camp details Phase 4 and book via the relevant coach.
- Afternoon Programme (from 6th July): Monday – Friday from 2pm-4pm for Juniors aged 7-12 years has a packed programme of activities. Cost €30 per week and you can book here.
Note that Juniors who attend the 11.30am Morning Camp, should they be booked into the afternoons, have the option to remain on in the Club after Morning Camp finishes at 1.30pm, to bring and have their own packed lunch (which will be supervised), until the Afternoon Programme commences at 2pm.
- Box Leagues for all levels from red ball to yellow ball. Register on Tournament Software https://ti.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/events.aspx?id=D446A5F0-D69C-457D-AD43-D1749FE271F7
- Social Tennis and other tennis events will be run as circumstances and guidelines permit. These will include tennis practice and matches, teen tennis, etc. They will be advertised as scheduled.
In launching this Programme, we are taking account of current guidelines for Tennis Clubs in relation to Covid-19. Key aspects of these guidelines relate to the maintenance of social distance, hygiene and sanitation, and the maintenance of relevant details of all visits to the Club. As such, we have had to modify our Programme as compared to previous years as our primary concern is to safeguard the health and safety of our members. We will continue to review and revise our Programme, as appropriate, as Covid-19 guidelines evolve, including cancellation if advised.
We would also like to draw your attention to the following requirements of Members as outlined in the current Temporary Club Rules:
- You have not been, nor will be travelling outside the Island of Ireland in the 14 days prior to the commencement of each Camp/Afternoon activity.
- You have not been in contact with a case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the commencement of each Club Activity, and you undertake to withdraw from the week if you do so.
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the commencement of each activity, and you undertake to withdraw from the activity if you do so.
- You undertake to inform the Club immediately if within 48 hours prior to the commencement of each activity (Morning Camps/Afternoon Activity) you experience any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat.
Note: Children will have supervised breaks during each session so please ensure they have plenty of snacks and drinks. Also, CAPS & SUN SCREEN! Mobile phones must be powered off and in their bags during the activities. Bookings are secured when payment is made.
Donnybrook Junior Open will return in August 2021.
Donnybrook Junior Club Championships will return in Autumn 2020
Donnybrook is a predominately whites attire tennis club.