Junior Member’s Summer Afternoon Programme
Junior Summer Afternoon Programme 2021 for 6 - 11 year olds (Born 2015, 2014,2013, 2012, 2011 & 2010)
We are pleased to announce that the Junior Summer Afternoon Programme 2021 will start on 8th June 2021 from 2pm to 4pm daily and it will run alongside our Morning Junior Camps. Those juniors attending morning camp will have the option of staying on after camp to eat their packed lunch supervised by our Junior Stewards.
The Donnybrook LTC Summer Afternoon Programme began in 2019 with supervised social afternoon tennis for our younger juniors run by the Club. The emphasis of the programme was to provide an opportunity to get to know each other and improve their tennis (socialising through sport) with a treat/snack offered each day culminating with Pizza and Ice-Cream Fridays. The fee is purely to cover the cost of running the programme.
The Junior Committee
- Morning Tennis Camps Monday to Friday from 8th June 2021. All levels welcome, whether beginners, intermediate or elite/more advanced. Morning Camps must be booked directly with the relevant Coach.
- Afternoon Programme planned from 8th June: Monday – Friday from 2pm-4pm for Juniors aged 6-11 years has a packed programme of activities. Cost €40 per week, go to payments section to book and pay.
- Box Leagues for all levels from red ball to yellow ball.
- Social Tennis and other tennis events will be communicated prior to each event. These will include tennis practice and matches, teen tennis, etc.
In launching this Programme, we are taking account of current guidelines for Tennis Clubs in relation to Covid-19. Key aspects of these guidelines relate to the maintenance of social distance, hygiene and sanitation, and the maintenance of relevant details of all visits to the Club. As such, we have had to modify our Programme as compared to previous years as our primary concern is to safeguard the health and safety of our members. We will continue to review and revise our Programme, as appropriate, as Covid-19 guidelines evolve, including cancellation if advised.
We would also like to draw your attention to the following requirements of Members as outlined in the current Temporary Club Rules:
- You have not been, nor will be travelling outside the Island of Ireland in the 14 days prior to the commencement of each Camp/Afternoon activity.
- You have not been in contact with a case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the commencement of each Club Activity, and you undertake to withdraw from the week if you do so.
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the commencement of each activity, and you undertake to withdraw from the activity if you do so.
- You undertake to inform the Club immediately if within 48 hours prior to the commencement of each activity (Morning Camps/Afternoon Activity) you experience any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat.
Note: Children will have supervised breaks during each session so please ensure they have plenty of snacks and drinks. Also, CAPS & SUN SCREEN! Mobile phones must be powered off and in their bags during the activities. Bookings are secured when payment is made.
Donnybrook Junior Open is planned for August 2021.
Donnybrook Junior Club Championships will return in the Autumn 2021 Mid-Term break.
Donnybrook is a predominately whites attire tennis club.