Articles in Category: Junior Tennis News
WISHING THE U14 STARS 'n STRIPES TEAM the very best of luck in their FINAL,
Saturday 9th March, 5pm in Rathgar. All supporters welcome.
|Louis Prehn||Lucy Roche|
|Joe Hackett||Sorcha O'Connor|
|Sam Galvin||Aoife O'Meara|
|Andrew Morgan||Jane McElligott|
|Max Duggan||Alana Costello|
|Henry Daly||Lasara Lynch|
Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club is launching its Summer Programme of Activities for Juniors.
These are open to members and non-members, on a first come first served basis.
- Morning Tennis Camps from 9.30 am to 1 pm (Juniors aged 5-14 years).
- Drop-off/registration from 9 am. Ample Car parking available.
- All levels welcome, whether beginners, intermediate or elite/more advanced.
- Afternoons (Mon-Fri, Members only) we will have a packed programme of activities.
|Develop & improve Tennis Skills in a fun and relaxed way.
Club coaches will cover technical tennis skills, footwork exercises & speed/running games
- Supervised Lunch (optional) from 1-2pm.
- Range of sports and activities from 2-4pm. These activities will include, but are not limited to, tennis practice & matches, tournament preparation, teen tennis, ball games, running games, footwork and co-ordination games, rip tag, hoola hoops, parachute games, tennis rounders, team challenge games, , etc.
- Indoor activities if weather unfavourable (table tennis, speed stacking games and movies etc.).
- The aim is to provide an enriching, inclusive and welcoming environment, full of fun, where children can try a range of sports and activities, including but not limited to tennis.
Most importantly, we want children to enjoy their time in Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club and get to know other Juniors.
You can find the booking & payment form here. Bookings are secured when payment is made, either via PayPal or via our office. Costs are as follows:
Morning camps: €120 members €135 non-members (4 day week: €96 and €108 respectively). Daily rates-contact the office 01 269 28 38 or 086 824 52 38.
Members Afternoon Programme: €25 per 5 afternoons or €6 per day, includes lunch. Tuck shop will be available for short period.
Note: Children will have supervised breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon so please ensure they have plenty of snacks and drinks. Also, CAPS & SUN SCREEN! Mobile phones must be powered off and in their bags during the activities.
Donnybrook Junior Open is on 09 - 17 August.
Donnybrook Junior Club Championships are on 25 - 31 August.
Donnybrook is a predominately whites attire tennis club.
U14 Stars n Stripe Team reach the S/Finals
Congratulations to the panel of U14 players for reaching the Semi-Final of the Stars n Stripes Competition. This will be played at home in Donnybrook on Saturday 2nd March at 5pm with the Final scheduled for the following Saturday 9th March.
A team is made up of 6 boys and 6 girls, (3 boys doubles and 3 girl's doubles) who play 11 games. The games you win is added to the rest of the doubles games won. So 66 points are available.
This competition is good to introduce players, who are receiving coaching, to playing matches and be part of a team.
We wish Donnybrook Juniors all the best in their S/Final. We always welcome parents to assist with getting the chidren to the allocated courts and receive in the scores and help with the light refreshments afterwards. Good also to offer our guests parents a hot cuppa etc.
National Junior Indoor Championships December 2018