CLUB ARRANGEMENTS due to COVID-19
Club arrangements due to COVID19
Following the statement by the Government yesterday relating to the Covid 19 Virus, the Committee has discussed the activities within the Club.
We have decided on the following course of action. The following may be subject to change following further recommendations or instructions from National authorities:
With effect from 9pm this evening Friday 13th March:
- The Club will open as usual (Monday to Saturday 7.30am and Sunday 8.30am)
- The Club will now be closed daily at 9pm until 29 March.
- The Changing rooms will be open during the above times.
- The Clubhouse will now be closed daily until 29 March.
- As a result of the Clubhouse being closed, there will be no access to the outdoor floodlights on the non-airhall courts.
- The courts in the Airhall will continue to be available for booking until 9pm.
- The current court rules continue to apply to juniors to access the indoor courts, see below.
- All club organised activity will cease until 29 March.
- The Junior Coaching Programme will cease until 29 March.
- Adult group coaching and Cardio group classes will cease until 29 March.
- Enjoy Tennis on Sunday mornings will cease until after Easter.
- Wednesday Bridge will cease until 29 March.
- Pilates classes will cease until 29 March.
- Friday Morning Stitch ‘n Bitch Ladies gathering will cease until 29 March.
- All social gatherings/events are cancelled until further notice.
- We advise our members not to shake hands with opponents.
- Given that players are sharing tennis balls during a match, we advise that you wash your hands thoroughly after the game is finished.
- As social distancing is critical to containing the virus, please avoid attending the tennis club if you have flu-like, or Covid-19 related symptoms (Sore throat, dry cough, fever, fatigue).
The Office will be open normal hours Monday – Friday (Mon-Thur 11.30am-6.30pm & Fri 2.30-6.30pm) for queries and payments. We would be grateful if the members with outstanding Membership subscriptions and Term 2 Junior Coaching fees would please contact the office for card payment or pay online via https://www.donnybrookltc.ie/club-payments or by bank transfer.
We appreciate your co-operation on the implementation of the above measures in the interest of public health and your wellbeing.
Sincerely on behalf of the Donnybrook LTC Committee,
Juniors under the age of 12 are not permitted to play after 7pm on either the indoor/pre-book courts or the outdoor courts. Reminder: U12s must have specific adult supervision on courts 3, 4 and 8 when the Airhall is in situ.
Juniors, aged 12 and over, are not permitted to play on the indoor courts/pre-book courts from Monday to Thursday between 7pm and 9pm with the exception of designated juniors that play adult League.
Juniors aged 12+ are permitted to play after 7pm on an outdoor court. However, in the event of a queue forming from Seniors/Designated Juniors, those juniors will be required to vacate their court, with the exception of private coaching from a Club registered Coach. A senior member with a junior member has the same status as a junior member.