In June, July and August 2019, Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club is running a Summer Programme of Afternoon Activities aimed at Juniors aged 5-14. It starts with supervised lunch from 1-2 followed by a range of sports and activities from 2-4pm. These activities will include, but are not limited to, tennis practice, tournament preparation, table tennis, ball games, running games, footwork and co-ordination games, rip tag, hoola hoops, parachute games, tennis rounders, team challenge games, speed stacking, etc.
The Junior Steward will also assist in the day to day running of the Junior Open and the Junior Club Championships.
The aim is to provide an enriching, inclusive and welcoming environment, full of fun, where children can try a range of sports and activities, including but not limited to tennis. Most importantly, we want children to enjoy their time in Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club and get to know other Juniors.
Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club is now seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic, and committed individual to establish and manage this Programme of Afternoon Activities in order to ensure a positive DLTC experience for all participating Juniors. The Junior Steward will work in conjunction with, and be supported by, our Junior Committee.
Key requirements of the Junior Steward role:
- Primary or secondary school teacher, PE Teacher, 3rd level undergraduates.
- Proven experience in working with children at camps or equivalent
- Tennis experience is necessary
- Knowledge and experience of multi-sport activities
- Experience of planning, organising and scheduling different age appropriate activities, both indoor and outdoor
- Experience in integrating, motivating and encouraging children of mixed abilities, levels and ages
- Demonstrable ‘can do’ attitude and leadership skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Knowledgeable and caring
- The individual will have to be garda vetted for DLTC and produce a Child Safeguarding Level 1 Cert and qualified in Basic First Aid.
- Hours are 12.30-5pm covering lunch and afternoon activities. Salary will be competitive. Applications to Deirdre Johnston, Club Administrator, Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club.
WISHING THE U14 STARS 'n STRIPES TEAM the very best of luck in their FINAL,
Saturday 9th March, 5pm in Rathgar. All supporters welcome.
There was standing room only as Donnybrook members packed out the clubhouse for the Annual General Meeting on Thursday February 28th.
On behalf of Donnybrook LTC we would like to congratulate Juliana Carton who has been selected for the Irish Federation Cup team who will compete in Montenegro w/c 15/04/19. Donnybrook send congratulations to her parents Anita and Michael Carton long time members of Donnybrook, and also congratulate her coach Owen Casey.
Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club is launching its Summer Programme of Activities for Juniors.
These are open to members and non-members, on a first come first served basis.
- Morning Tennis Camps from 9.30 am to 1 pm (Juniors aged 5-14 years).
- Drop-off/registration from 9 am. Ample Car parking available.
- All levels welcome, whether beginners, intermediate or elite/more advanced.
- Afternoons (Mon-Fri, Members only) we will have a packed programme of activities.
|Develop & improve Tennis Skills in a fun and relaxed way.
Club coaches will cover technical tennis skills, footwork exercises & speed/running games
- Supervised Lunch (optional) from 1-2pm.
- Range of sports and activities from 2-4pm. These activities will include, but are not limited to, tennis practice & matches, tournament preparation, teen tennis, ball games, running games, footwork and co-ordination games, rip tag, hoola hoops, parachute games, tennis rounders, team challenge games, , etc.
- Indoor activities if weather unfavourable (table tennis, speed stacking games and movies etc.).
- The aim is to provide an enriching, inclusive and welcoming environment, full of fun, where children can try a range of sports and activities, including but not limited to tennis.
Most importantly, we want children to enjoy their time in Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club and get to know other Juniors.
You can find the booking & payment form here. Bookings are secured when payment is made, either via PayPal or via our office. Costs are as follows:
Morning camps: €120 members €135 non-members (4 day week: €96 and €108 respectively). Daily rates-contact the office 01 269 28 38 or 086 824 52 38.
Members Afternoon Programme: €25 per 5 afternoons or €6 per day, includes lunch. Tuck shop will be available for short period.
Note: Children will have supervised breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon so please ensure they have plenty of snacks and drinks. Also, CAPS & SUN SCREEN! Mobile phones must be powered off and in their bags during the activities.
Donnybrook Junior Open is on 09 - 17 August.
Donnybrook Junior Club Championships are on 25 - 31 August.
Donnybrook is a predominately whites attire tennis club.
Enroll and pay for Summer Activities for Juniors
Used to play regularly but a little rusty?
Ladies Winter League Update
Happy Valentine's Day, enjoy the day ladies!
The 1st Ladies in Class 1 are top of their table.
The 2nd Ladies in Class 2 are also top of their table.
The 3rd team are in 3rd position in Class 3.
The 4th team are top of their table.
As we pass the midpoint of the Men's Winter League campaigns, Men's Captain Ronan Donovan brings us up to speed on how our three teams are faring.
U14 Stars n Stripe Team reach the S/Finals
Congratulations to the panel of U14 players for reaching the Semi-Final of the Stars n Stripes Competition. This will be played at home in Donnybrook on Saturday 2nd March at 5pm with the Final scheduled for the following Saturday 9th March.
A team is made up of 6 boys and 6 girls, (3 boys doubles and 3 girl's doubles) who play 11 games. The games you win is added to the rest of the doubles games won. So 66 points are available.
This competition is good to introduce players, who are receiving coaching, to playing matches and be part of a team.
We wish Donnybrook Juniors all the best in their S/Final. We always welcome parents to assist with getting the chidren to the allocated courts and receive in the scores and help with the light refreshments afterwards. Good also to offer our guests parents a hot cuppa etc.
Senior National Indoor Championships
Congratulations to Juliana Carton who was beaten in the semi-finals by the eventual winner Giulia Remondina in the Senior National Indoor Championships, played in David Lloyd early January 2019.
Osgar O'hOisin, home for the holidays, won the Mens Singles and the Mens Doubles titles, partnering with David Gardiner. Well done.
National Junior Indoor Championships December 2018
Congratulations to the Donnybrook LTC Juniors who played in the Finals of the National Junior Indoor Championships played in Westood Leopardstown on Sunday 30th December 2018.
The members and management of Donnybrook LTC would like to wish Kate, Breda, Ethan, Caroline and Juliana the very best of luck as they represent the club in the National Junior Indoors Finals in Westwood Leopardstown.
In honour of the late Elaine O’Brien (Past President and Honorary Life Member), the Committee has established the ‘Elaine O’Brien Memorial Trophy’.
The 125 Anniversary Senior Club Championships were held 17-29 September.
Christmas shopping at Donnybrook LTC
at Donnybrook LTC
CLUB CRESTED JACKET
CLUB CRESTED TEE-SHIRT
CLUB CRESTED WARM SWEAT JUMPER
CLUB CRESTED HOODIE Junior Sizes
PLEASE SHOP LOCALLY