|TCI||New Level 3 (2011)|
|Mobile||087 290 3161|
|Hourly rate||€ 80|
I have been coaching all ages and standards since 1997.
Davis Cup and Fed Cup Captain (2001 - 2006)
Coached 23 winners of Junior Fitzwilliam (also 19 runners up).
Coached 20 players to US Collegiate Scholarships.
I have coached a National Champion every year from 1998-to date.
Fully licensed Tennis Ireland Coach.
Certified in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation 2008.
Certified by Irish Sports Council in Child Protection 2013.
Garda Vetted 201
- Represented Ireland at 3 Olympic Games-Seoul '88 Barcelona '92 Atlanta '96
- The only Irish Player to have a ranking for 15 years on the ATP Tour (1987-2001)
- ATP Career High: Singles 228, Doubles 210
- Irish number 1 for 13 years (1988-2000)
Debut against Greece 1988
Retired from Competition with most wins - 33 (Singles 21,Doubles 12) and most ties played - 26.
Competed in Wimbledon and French Open Qualifying in 1996
Winner of all (10) Senior Domestic Tournaments 2000
First Irish winner of ITF Futures event in Dublin 2000
ITF world ranking of 54. Competed in Wimbledon and US Open 1987 - reaching the last 16 of Wimbledon.
Won US Junior Collegiate Athletic Association Championships (NJCAA) 1987 and 1988 with Anderson Junior College
Won US Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) 1989 with Clemson University
Received Tennis Ireland Award for Outstanding Contribution to Tennis 1999
Received Tennis Europe Award for Outstanding Contribution to Tennis 2008
Received ITF Award for Outstanding Contribution to Davis Cup 2013.
Presented to only 190 players worldwide.
My philosophy is learner centered in a fun and safe environment. My goal is for every student, adult or junior to reach their potential.
|Mobile||087 4141 975|
|Hourly rate||€ 50|
Colin is one of the outstanding Irish tennis players of his generation. During a 4 year career on the professional circuit, he achieved world rankings of 599 in singles and 331 in doubles. He reached the final of 3 professional events in singles and he won 9 professional doubles events, including 2 Irish Open doubles titles at Fitzwilliam.
Colin spent four years on a tennis scholarship at the College of William and Mary in Virginia, USA. During his college career, he achieved national rankings of number 74 in singles and number 6 in doubles. In his final year, he captained his team to their highest ever team ranking of number 31 in the country and also claimed a notable doubles win over John Isner, who would go on to become one of the top 10 singles players in the world. Following the completion of his B.A. in Business Management, with a specialisation in Finance, he made the decision to embark on a career on the ATP Tour.
Colin represented Ireland in Davis Cup over a period of 9 years. This included victories over the Ukraine, Algeria and Cyprus. He made a successful comeback in 2013 after overcoming a career threatening wrist injury and returned to the Davis Cup team for the ties against Estonia and Finland. He also captured the National Indoors and the Irish Close Championships, hosted in Donnybrook L.T.C., in what turned out to be his final year of professional competition.
Colin has since made a smooth transition into coaching and has been working to improve the standard of Irish tennis since January 2014. In addition to his work in Donnybrook, Colin coaches some of Ireland's elite junior and professional players at the BNP National Tennis Centre in DCU.
Colin's coaching philosophy focuses on all aspects of the development of the player. He has a great knowledge of the game and assists all players with the technical, tactical, physical and mental elements of tennis. Colin already has experience coaching individuals and groups of all ages and abilities. He uses a variety of fun and professional games and drills with the ultimate goal of helping every player improve so they can further enjoy the sport.
Go back to top
|Mobile||086 854 2446|
|Hourly rate||€ 60|
I have been coaching for 20 years. I have coached 12 national champions, and I have worked with children and adults of all abilities.
Played for Ireland over a ten year period. Played Federation Cup in Japan and Junior Wimbledon.
The 3 components of my lessons are exercise, education and entertainment.
I belief every student has diffirent strenghts and skill sets, and everyone learns in a different ways. I develop a course of innovative instruction that inspires my players to develop their tennis and enjoy a game for life.
|Mobile||086 813 5057|
|Hourly rate||€ 50|
Coaching tennis at all levels for past 15 yrs, Individual and groups from beginner to top ranked National players.
- Irish 4 Nations U14, U18 & Senior
- Irish World Student Games Team
- Leinster Squads & Teams
- Qualifications: BA Physical Education, NCEF, TI Level 2, Sports Injury & Rehab Therapist (Institute of Physical Therapy) Adv Sports Psychology, Cardio Tennis Trainer, TI Licensed
- Member of Irish Team 1981 - present : Junior, U21, Senior, Fed Cup 87 - 99, & O35s
- Professional Tour player 1987-90
- WTA Career high ranking doubles 113, singles 402
- Wimbledon doubles 2nd Round Main draw 1989, 1/4 final Virginia Slims, Houston
- Winner of 12 Professional Doubles tournaments Worldwide
Senior Tour 2007-2012
- World No.1 Singles & Doubles year end 2012
- Winner ITF World Senior team C'Ships, San Diego 2012
- ITF World Senior Doubles Champion 2007, 08, 09, 10& 12
- 2009 National Coach of the Year (Tennis Coach Ireland)
- 2010 Maunsel Trophy for exceptional contribution to Irish Tennis
- 2012 European Player of the Year O.45
- 1984 & 85 Membership of All American Collegiate Team
To coach and encourage all my students to achieve their full potential as tennis players. To keep myself up to date on all aspects of coaching and playing tennis. To promote and instill in all my students a love and respect for tennis, enabling them to experience the lifetime enjoyment this sport can bring.
|Mobile||087 983 23 57|
|Hourly rate||€ 40|
- Qualified Level 1 1981. Coached at weekends in Kilkenny LTC.
- Set up first Junior Programme there. Returned to coaching in 2008/09. Re-took the new Level 1 exams.
- She has coached both adults & children of all levels both privately & in groups at Donnybrook, St. Mary's, Mt. Pleasant & WestWood in the past number of years.
- Qualified Cardio Tennis coach & have run Cardio Sessions in Donnybrook & WestWood.
- Tennis Ireland Licensed Coach & hold full insureance, I am Garda Vetted & Child Protection certified.
- Playing since the age of 10.
- Won numerous Junior Open tournaments U12,14,16 & 18, including the South of Ireland Girls singles.
- Played Junior Interpro for Munster.
- 1981 to date; Has represented Donnybrook in all competitions up to Premiership.
- Selected for Leinster Veterans Interpros on two occasions.
- To instill a love of the game - no matter what level you play at.
- To help each individual to be the best player they can be is the basis of my coaching. To help them understand that while winning is important, tennis is for life!
- To make learning enjoyable & fun, especially for younger children, while ensuring each player - no matter what level they are at or aspire to - is challenged & makes progress.
|Mobile||087 959 22 73|
|Hourly rate||€ 60|
Jimmy is a qualified Tennis Ireland Performance Coach. He also holds the Professional Qualification from the British LTA and the United States Professional Tennis Registry. He is a tutor involved in coach education with Tennis Ireland.Jimmy has previously held the positions of Director of Sport at WestWood, Leopardstown and Director of Tennis & Squash at Fitzwilliam LTC. He has represented Ireland at o35 level and the International Club of Ireland at o45 level. He is a founder member and past chairman of the Tennis Ireland Coaches Association.
Jimmy coaches players of all levels and adopts an inclusive and encouraging approach to learning and playing tennis.