Junior Steward Role
In June, July and August 2019, Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club is running a Summer Programme of Afternoon Activities aimed at Juniors aged 5-14. It starts with supervised lunch from 1-2 followed by a range of sports and activities from 2-4pm. These activities will include, but are not limited to, tennis practice, tournament preparation, table tennis, ball games, running games, footwork and co-ordination games, rip tag, hoola hoops, parachute games, tennis rounders, team challenge games, speed stacking, etc.
The Junior Steward will also assist in the day to day running of the Junior Open and the Junior Club Championships.
The aim is to provide an enriching, inclusive and welcoming environment, full of fun, where children can try a range of sports and activities, including but not limited to tennis. Most importantly, we want children to enjoy their time in Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club and get to know other Juniors.
Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club is now seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic, and committed individual to establish and manage this Programme of Afternoon Activities in order to ensure a positive DLTC experience for all participating Juniors. The Junior Steward will work in conjunction with, and be supported by, our Junior Committee.
Key requirements of the Junior Steward role:
- Primary or secondary school teacher, PE Teacher, 3rd level undergraduates.
- Proven experience in working with children at camps or equivalent
- Tennis experience is necessary
- Knowledge and experience of multi-sport activities
- Experience of planning, organising and scheduling different age appropriate activities, both indoor and outdoor
- Experience in integrating, motivating and encouraging children of mixed abilities, levels and ages
- Demonstrable ‘can do’ attitude and leadership skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Knowledgeable and caring
- The individual will have to be garda vetted for DLTC and produce a Child Safeguarding Level 1 Cert and qualified in Basic First Aid.
- Hours are 12.30-5pm covering lunch and afternoon activities. Salary will be competitive. Applications to Deirdre Johnston, Club Administrator, Donnybrook Lawn Tennis Club.